Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. As skin cells die, a small amount of flaking is normal. Some people, however, experience an unusually large amount of flaking either chronically or as a result of certain triggers it is accompanied by redness and irritation.
I get very conscious and my esteem level is the lowest at such times. Its not just dry scalp but hairfall, redness on scalp, itchiness and acne on my forehead that made me feel low. After experimenting a lot I finally found a perfect one wash solution to get rid of dandruff. Yes one wash solution. Touchwood now I don’t face severe dandruff issues at all.
The perfect one wash solution consists of oiling and Apple cider Vinegar.
- First take 1 1/2 tbsp warm olive oil and add 1/2 tsp drops of tea tree oil and mix it well.
- Apply the oil mixture and massage it into the scalp. Let it set for an hour or overnight is highly recommended. (I apply it overnight)
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Take half a mug of water and equal amount of apple cider vinegar. Mix it.
- After shampoo, pour this mixture on your hair and scalp. (I usually dip my hair in the mug for 2 minutes and then pour the mixture on my scalp).
- Rinse it off after 5 mins.
No need to use a conditioner as ACV acts as one.
Caution: ACV smells really bad but once the hair dries the smell vanishes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse it off immediately.
Invest in your hair today to get compliments tomorrow!!