Off late due to my chocolate love, cravings for those extra oily food and makeup resulted in breakouts. Really bad ones… some of them loved me so much that they left back a pyaar ki nishani too (acne scars) 😣 Yes, acne and scars weeks before Valentine’s Day is not less than a tragedy for any girl.
Relax!! I have an easy and not so expensive solution for it. All you need is Coconut oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and Water… Yes, that’s all you need.
Why Coconut Oil and ACV?
Coconut oil penetrates deep into the skin to kill germs and bacteria. It has regenerating and clarifying properties. Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that prevent acne by keeping the skin pores free from bacteria, excess oil and impurities. It also helps to restore the pH level of your skin, which is essential to prevent breakouts.
How to use it :
1. Cleanse your face properly with coconut oil. Take a generous amount and rub it on your palms and then on your face and gently massage it into your skin.
2. Massage it for a minute and then steam your face with a hot towel. Clean off the excess oil with a cotton pad and pat dry with a facial tissue. (Towels are prone to bacteria so I try and avoid it).
2. Take 2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and 1 tablespoon of water (Dilute the mixture more, if you have a sensitive skin). Its better to store the mixture in a spray bottle as its easy to use.
3. Spray the mixture on a cotton pad and wipe your face with it. This will remove the excess oil if any. And also kills the bacteria, removes dirt and dissolves dead skin.
4. If you have severe acne issues, spray the solution on a facial tissue and place it on the acne for 5 mins or till it dries. It dries out the acne quickly (This worked for my skin. You might feel a tingling sensation at the beginning but if it irritates a lot then wash it off asap).
5. Practising it on a daily basis will leave you with a clear, acne free skin and reduce the scars too.
Caution : Do not try if you are allergic to coconut oil or ACV.
Try it and say bye to those pyaar ki nishani!!
Invest in your skin today to get compliments tomorrow!!