If you are following me on my Instagram then you must aware I’m all set to welcome summer.. Let it be my skin, dress, hairstyle, makeup & and now all set to beat the heat with yummilicious yet healthy cool drinks for this season..
Every summer vacation, after playing in the hot sun me & my sister would race till the refrigerator to grab the supa chilled water or drinks mom made. Gulp Gulp Gulp… would finish it off in seconds. Memories!!
So today I will be sharing few of my childhood favourite recipes and some of my special tasty as well as healthy drinks that keeps me cool 🙂
- Buttermilk : The best way to ward off your dehydration is buttermilk. A chilled glass of buttermilk will help in increasing your fluid level instantly. It also aids in digestion and contains lot of nutrients and not just calcium.♥ Ingredients : Yogurt, ginger, green chilly, cumin seeds, salt, black salt, chopped cilantro, asafoetida, 3-4 curry leaves & chat masala (optional).
♥ Recipe : Add all the spices (ginger, green chilly, cumin seeds, curry leaves, cilantro) and blend them. Add the yogurt to the paste & blend again. Pour the mixture in a jar and add a pinch of asafoetida, salt, black salt, curry leaves and few finely chopped cilantro. Mix them well and let it chill in the fridge.
- Strawy melon : Strawy melon is a strawberry & watermelon drink with a minty twist.♥ Ingredients : Strawberries, Water melon cut into pieces , 4-5 mint leaves and lemon.
♥ Recipe : Blend water melon (remove the seeds), strawberries and mint leaves nicely.
You can add 1/2 a cup of milk if you think its quite a thick consistency. Once done add 2-3 drops of lemon juice & mix it well. Store it in the refrigerator and enjoy your supa cool summer drink.
- Style it with peach : Now this one is packed with vitamin C, Vitamin A and other nutrients & love the rich colour it gives.♥ Ingredients: Orange, Peach & Guava
♥ Recipe : Peel of the peach & orange skin. Add them in a blender along with guava. Garnish it with mint leaves & ice. Your style it with peach is ready to serve.
- Love Bite : My all time favourite fruits together. If you love berries like me then this ones for you.♥ Ingredients : Strawberry, blueberry & pineapple
♥ Recipe : Peel off the pineapple and cut into pieces. Blend all the ingredients into the blender and blend till you get a smooth consistency. Add 2 ice cubes and your love bite is all set to give you a berry punch.
- Kiwi Treat : Hardly anyone would say no to KIWI. Refreshing kiwi juice with mint is all you need this summer. It not only tastes good but also a good source of vitamin C and other nutrients.♥ Ingredients : Kiwi, Mint & chia seeds
♥ Recipe : Blend kiwi, mint, chia seeds and 1/2 glass of water. Add few ice cubes and its ready to serve.
Tip : Chia seeds tend to absorb water quickly so make sure to intake it as soon as you make it.
- Mangopine : Summer time and how can someone not have ‘Mango’, the king of fruits.♥ Ingredients : Mango & pineapple
♥ Recipe : Peel off the mango & pineapple skin. Blend till a smooth consistency and if you are not a sweet lover then you can add 2-3 pieces of raw mango for a tangy taste.
- Strawberry mint water : This is my daily go to water. Instead of drinking plain water replace it with fruity infused water.♥ Ingredients : Strawberry,Mint leaves, ice & chilled water
♥ Recipe : Add strawberry and mint leaves in a jar of chilled water / normal water & keep it over night. Refrigerate if needed. To increase your intake of water infused water is a good replacement. Add your favourite berries to it & your infused water is ready.
- Rice water : This is one of my childhood summer drink. My grandma used to insist on this drink as it is very healthy. Instant energy and relieve from heat.♥ Ingredients : Boiled rice water & salt
♥ Recipe : Boil rice in a container. Once the rice is cooked, pour the balance water in a glass. Add salt to taste. Let it cool and your drink is ready.
Try out these supa cool drinks this summer and let me know your favourite one..
Invest in your health today to get compliments tomorrow!!