Wassup lovely people?
First of all thank you for the lovely response on my previous Men’s post and Dms on Instagram regarding your queries. So the one problem many of you guys face & don’t talk about.. shy away is pimple/ acne and the scars they leave behind.
Guys you need to put in bit efforts to get rid of it. Everyone in their lifespan face acne problems.. if they never ever had one then they are blessed with amazing genes. Having one or two or even bit more than that is normal. Teenagers do have acne which vanishes with time. Sometimes it lasts longer. Having severe acne is matter of concern but treatments are available so relax.
Acne / pimples are caused due to various reasons. You need to understand it first and then get to the solution part.
Mostly it is hormonal imbalance that triggers acne. Hormones create oils that lead to clogged pores. When these pores get in touch with bacteria it worsens and leads to breakouts. If you parents do suffer from acne issues then probably its in your genes.
Working out usually gives you glowing skin but sweating makes things worse. It clogs the pores hence welcoming acne. Many do notice bumps on face due to shaving but they are not acne.
In Men, acne are mostly found on face, back and chest. (back & chest acne treatment coming soon)
How to clear face acne?
- Flush out: Drink lot of water and keep your skin hydrated. Flush out the toxins. Drinking water moisturises your skin and helps in cleansing of waste. It doesn’t directly help but yes it is one important step you should not miss.
- Cleanse : Wash your face twice a day with a face wash that suits your skin. Not more than twice cause it will drip away the natural oil. You have to experiment to find the face cleanser that suits you.
My suggestion would be a cleanser that has neem and tulsi as its ingredients. Patanjali Neem Tulsi works really good on acne prone skin (even for men).
- Toner time : Toner is one important step that even girls miss out. A toner balances the pH level of the skin. Removes any dirt or oil left out even after cleansing.
My suggestion would be Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. It works amazing on acne & scars. (How to use ACV)
- Moisturise : Once you are done with cleansing & toning, the next step is moisturizing your skin. Apply a light moisturizer and gently massage it into your face. Never use body lotion on your face.
- Night care: Repeat the 2 steps cleansing & toning just before you kiss your bed. Along with it take 2-3 drops of kunkumadi tailam and apply it on the acne and scars. Massage it and leave it over night. You can also apply it all over your face for fairer, even skin tone and younger looking skin.
My suggestion would be Kama ayurveda kumkumadi tailam or Kottakkal Arya vaidya kunkumadi tailam. Bit on the expensive side but the best treatment.
- Lets mask it out : Apply a face mask once a week. Multani mitti / Indian clay is best for acne prone skin.
Remember you need to be dedicated to get rid of acne & scars. It is not an overnight treatment, takes time but worth it.
Ps: If allergic to any of the above products, do not try them.
Points to remember
- Use a clean towel or better use a tissue.
- Follow it religiously.
- Be patient and gentle.
- Avoid touching or popping out the pimple.
- Rub an ice cube whenever you are tempted to pop it out.
If even after a month, acne is still stubborn and no differences at all then you got a see a dermatologist for proper medication or even laser treatment. If you opt for help from a dermatologist or laser treatment get it done from an expert.
Drop in your queries regarding product suggestions or for DIY treatments on my Instagram
Invest in your skin today to get compliments tomorrow!!